Thread: Crap quality

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crap quality

The 3 top videos right on the Home page at this moment are really bad quality and all happen to be subjects I love. What a pity these day and age with much improved gear.

Post Thanks / Like

And...by the way this is not a crit of Tom, it's the contirbutors or their sources

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree, but I do not reject videos of poor quality, since videos from 20 years ago can still be great to watch, but the equipment wasn't that good. I rmember my first time trying to hide a cam corder that was the size of a toaster lol..
    Check out my Blog, with tips, tricks and tutorials on how to use the website.

Toms World Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Old content still good in my honest opinion. Some newer ones lack luster or appeal tbh

Post Thanks / Like

Question Things get better with age (or over time, certainly!)

Heck, in my catalog here at TV, you can see most of the progression of technology, from the "toaster" VHS-C to the HI8 to the Mini-DV, to the HD, and some of the most recent (and best!) have been with the use of the smart device... I've got hundreds alone from that!

I've got several hundred vids over the last 20 years, and some of the early ones are still my favorites! Maybe I'll put together a "retrospective"? Maybe a few short clips from each "method" or piece of hardware I've used over the 20 years?

That could be a fun way to spend some upcoming spare time? Not to mention a good review/renew of the collection!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks EKoom, sounds a great idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EKoom222 View Post
    Heck, in my catalog here at TV, you can see most of the progression of technology, from the "toaster" VHS-C to the HI8 to the Mini-DV, to the HD, and some of the most recent (and best!) have been with the use of the smart device... I've got hundreds alone from that!

I've got several hundred vids over the last 20 years, and some of the early ones are still my favorites! Maybe I'll put together a "retrospective"? Maybe a few short clips from each "method" or piece of hardware I've used over the 20 years?

That could be a fun way to spend some upcoming spare time? Not to mention a good review/renew of the collection!

That sounds like a great Idea! Especially of some of the models are actually spanning technology.. such as her in the 90s with the VHS-C and 4 years ago with a smart phone...

Tom
    Check out my Blog, with tips, tricks and tutorials on how to use the website.

Toms World Blog