Thread: Tom Voyeur is a Thief!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Tom Voyeur is a Thief!

Yep, someone has recently accused me of stealing stuff he uploaded. A few simple rules here that I must remind people of

1) In this case, you have to actually upload a file in order for it to be stolen (said user has not uploaded any files.. Maybe he has been having problems, but them I can't possibly steal them if they weren't uploaded)
    2) once you actually do upload a file, it will *NEVER* be posted or removed without sending you an email about what happened. If approved you will get an email with a credit advisement. If it's removed you will get and email explaining why (most are because they are already on the website.) I don't delete files without sending emails.
    3) assuming #2 and I approved the file the credits are automatically given, thus not stolen... I can not approve a file without giving credits.
    4) Said user has been a user here for 4 days. Tom Voyeur has been online since 1996 (almost 20 years), and since 2003 in it's current credit for uploads form.

So if this user would please advise me on what files I stole, I will be more than happy to apologize, publicly, to him... But I doubt he'll say anything..

Tom
    Check out my Blog, with tips, tricks and tutorials on how to use the website.

Toms World Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tom, I too currently have quite a few videos which I have recently uploaded that have disappeared on the "pending approval list" on my account summary with no emails received as to the reason why (i.e. pending, accepted, or not approved, etc.).

I'm sure it's not intentional on your part but there may be a glitch in the system somewhere that is "eating" the video clips we have uploaded in good faith. It's too bad as I spent hours and used lots of my bandwidth to upload these clips that have disappeared.

I will contact you by PM when I get a chance to give you a list of the videos I uploaded which have disappeared to see if there's any way they can be retrieved before I attempt to upload them again.

I do appreciate all your hard work as I know many here do. You must receive hundreds of uploads a day and I do understand that technical glitches can occur.

Thanks!

--'skooper

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by skooper View Post
    Hi Tom, I too currently have quite a few videos which I have recently uploaded that have disappeared on the "pending approval list" on my account summary with no emails received as to the reason why (i.e. pending, accepted, or not approved, etc.).

I'm sure it's not intentional on your part but there may be a glitch in the system somewhere that is "eating" the video clips we have uploaded in good faith. It's too bad as I spent hours and used lots of my bandwidth to upload these clips that have disappeared.

I will contact you by PM when I get a chance to give you a list of the videos I uploaded which have disappeared to see if there's any way they can be retrieved before I attempt to upload them again.
    As per my PM they are not missing.. Please do not upload again... I appreciate your contributions!

So here is the deal... and no idea how long this bug has occurred, but we'll trouble shoot it.

When a file is approved the following happens

1) I am asked what the ration is for the approval. It is pre filled with the define ration (4 credits to 1, 6:1 etc)
    2) I am then prompt for 3 choices of when to post the file (make it live... ready for download) The default is QUE, but I can change that to Immediately or give it an exact date and time. I generally use QUE unless I am dumping a bunch of files like toilet videos etc.. II might dump them all at once..
    3) If I chose immediately, then the file is live ASAP, and an email is sent to the uploader, anyone who has requested updates (via your settings) and a copy to me.. FYI, I am receiving emails on file approvals, so I know the emails are being sent out. The file is moved from pending to approved (in the user control panel)
    4) If queued or placed for an exact date then the file is set to go LIVE at a future date, credits are issued, and emails are sent. Files are moved from pending to approved *BUT* because they are set to a future date, none on the system (except me) can see them. They are not appearing in your approved list *UNTIL* the date in the future when they are LIVE.

So, I can understand why someone might think a file has disappeared, and why I say, no it has not.. You can see from the screen cpture below that your files are pending *LIVE*

Now, some will ask "Why to you place them in a que so far in advance?" The answer is fairly straight forward..
    1) I can not sit in front of the computer 24/7/365 and approve files
    2) The system used to post file as soon as I approved them.. But sometimes I approve in the morning, some times in the evening, some times I miss a few days do to health, vacation, work etc... The queue levels it out... FIles are posted frequently, every day, making it a more enjoyable experience for you and me...

Thanks for the help Skooper!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out my Blog, with tips, tricks and tutorials on how to use the website.

Toms World Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I just finished writing my response to you in the PM. What you've posted here helps to clear it up some more now.

Thanks again!